Serving over 20,000 meals each month.
Howard Training Center operates two programs that help support local seniors by providing nutritious meals and a sense of community to people 60 years or older.
Menus are developed especially for seniors by a Registered Dietician and are prepared by HTC’s Arc Catering. Meals are free to qualifying applicants, though a $3 suggested donation for each meal helps HTC provide for more seniors.
Meals on Wheels - Seniors (60 years or older) who are homebound may be eligible for home delivered meals. Seniors who receive meals at home are not able to leave their home due to a short or long term health, emotional or physical condition. Often seniors on home delivery live alone and are not able to prepare a meal.
Congregate Meal Program - Any senior (60 years or older) is eligible for Congregate Meals. Congregate sites offer nutritional information, fun activities and the opportunity to meet and make friends. Most sites are open Monday through Friday.
The Congregate Meal Program operates from the following community locations (reservations required):
- Witmer Hall, Modesto (T, W, F)
- Mancini Hall, Modesto (M, W, Th)
- Modesto Senior Center, Modesto (M, W, Th)
- Ralston Tower, Modesto (M, W, Th) (for residents and pre-registered guests only)
- Marple Manor, Modesto (M, W, Th) (for residents and pre-registered guests only)
- Hughson Senior Center (T, W, F)
- Gladys Lemons Center, Oakdale (M, T, Th)
- Patterson Senior Center (T, W, F)
- McConnell Center, Newman (M, W, F)
- Salvation Army, Turlock (T, W, F)
- Riverbank Community Center (M, T, Th)
- Westley Grayson Community Center (M, W, F)
For more information about the Senior Meals Program, contact (209) 593-5633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.